Terms & Conditions
General Terms of Trade
- The party placing the order (“the customer”) expressly acknowledges that the following terms and conditions shall apply to the contract between us (“the suppliers”) and the customer to the exclusion of any other terms. No variation of these terms shall be effective unless the same is in writing and signed by or on behalf of the supplier.
- The final date of delivery and installation shall be agreed upon in advance. Save as specifically herein mentioned time for delivery shall not be of the essence. If it has been agreed that delivery shall be (the “on call”) the request therefore shall be placed not less than 3 weeks before the date desired by the customer.
- Requests for such final dates to be changed shall only be valid if at least twenty four hours notice thereof shall be given by the customer. Only one postponement of an installation appointment shall be permitted and no postponement shall be to a date more than one month after the original date. The costs of abortive journeys on agreed dates may be charged in accordance with the tariffs of the forwarding trade.
- In the event that the customer shall fail to provide us with access to the premises for the purpose of executing the order within eight weeks after the date originally agreed upon, we shall be entitled to fix a final time giving access and if access is not provided at such time, then we may refuse performance of the contract and claim damages.
- In the event we fail to execute the order within the agreed period or on such final date as may be pursuant to paragraph 3, the customer may make time of the essence and require performance of the contract within a set time, in default of which the customer shall be entitled to withdraw from the contract by notice in writing addressed to the supplier at its business address.
- In accordance with the Dream Kitchen Makeover Forth Ltd renovation method, the old kitchen parts will be removed and alterations will be undergone on the existing units. The customer hereby declares their consent to this.
- We undertake to remedy defects within a reasonable period or at our discretion to replace new parts delivered by us. The customer shall allow such repair works to be carried out on their premises or give access thereto for the purpose of collecting and dismounting of defective parts and subsequent return or reinstallation thereof or new parts.
- The supplier shall not be responsible for any indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever arising out of the delivery and installation work thereby agreed to be undertaken.
- Defects must be notified in writing as soon as possible after they have been discovered.
- Except insofar as the same shall arise from the gross negligence of the supplier or its servants or agents any claim for damages by the customer in respect of failure to perform the contract or improper or inadequate performance therefore shall be limited to the amount of a maximum of the value of the order.
- Payment including any applicable value added tax shall be affected at the time of order and installation without any deduction.
- The equipment of installation remains the property of Dream Kitchen Makeover Forth Ltd until payment is received in full.
- This contract cannot be cancelled due to all products being made to measure.
- All deposits are guaranteed by the directors personally for your protection.
- All installations carry a one year parts and labour warranty.
- Customer Satisfaction
The business always endeavours to provide the best service. However, on rare occasions there may be times where a customer may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure the business can put things right for you, as soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out based on the contract terms and to the high standards the business aims to achieve.
Please contact the business straight away with any concerns either by phone, email or write to us.
If writing, get proof of posting.
On receipt of your complaint the business aims to respond within 5 days.
The business will arrange a convenient date to come and view and/or remedy the situation within 28 days.
In the unlikely event the business is unable to resolve your complaint having exhausted the business complaints procedure, it may be necessary to use another complaint service. Where the business cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction and/or agree to the final resolution requests confirmed to us; and both parties agree a ‘deadlock’ has been reached, you can then escalate your complaint.
The business has access to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service for our domestic installation, service, repair and maintenance contracts as part of the Which? Trusted Traders Endorsement.
If you choose to you can refer your complaint to Which? Trusted Traders’ Alternative Dispute Resolution.
You will need to contact Which? Trusted Traders on 029 2267 0040 who can explain if you are eligible to use their Alternative Dispute Resolution.